Be a Blessing highly values the support of its donors, who give generously to help those in need and accelerating the plans of the gospel. Sadly, criminals sometimes prey on that generosity. In order to protect our donors from scams, please make sure you are on the Be a Blessing website before providing any personal information. Below are some tips to help you make sure you are where you want to be.
- The website for Be a Blessing is www.beablessingtoday.org. If you are concerned you might be on the wrong site, type the address directly into your browser.
- If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All response forms requesting confidential information (such as credit card numbers) on Be a Blessing website, utilize the Internet security protocol known as “Secure Sockets Layer” or “SSL.” This is a certification and encryption technology designed to make using your credit card as safe as possible on the Internet.
- Independent agencies report that, statistically speaking, using a credit card on the Internet through SSL is far safer than submitting your credit card to a clerk in the grocery store, or over an open telephone line. In fact, they report that there are no recorded instances of someone “breaking” SSL encryption and using credit card information stored therein for fraudulent purposes.
- The SSL technology depends on secure Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) which are certified by a certifying authority such as Thawte. Secure URLs always begin with “https://” rather than “http://” and if you are using one from a browser that recognizes SSL, you will generally also receive a preceding message and/or see a symbol, such as a lock, that signifies that you are on a secure page. Any information you enter on such a page is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, and then de-encrypted at our servers.
- If your browser doesn’t support SSL technology, you will receive an error message when trying to access our SSL page.
Once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to our trusted staff.